The Complete Guide To Carp Fishing For Beginners
Carp fishing is one of the most favorite habits of people in many countries, such as carp fishing in America, France, or Australia, etc. This action not only creates happiness and relaxation after the hard-working days but also prevents the negative impact of carps on many creatures. So, for all beginners, you should look at our guide to know what you should do to be a master in carp fishing.
Why Do People Like Carp Fishing?
Some Information Of The Carp Creature
Carp is a large fish creature that appears from freshwater areas in Asia and Europe. These fish are supposed to be noxious pests because their migration, breed damage the nature of the river and other fauna systems.
Besides developing a large number overseas, this kind of fish also migrates to take over the river system. That is why carp have a bad reputation for those who live in foreign countries, especially in Europe.
Catching A Carp Very Interesting?
In fact, many European said that the bigger carp, the larger the trophy they want to show.
- They can find carp easily in many rivers or freshwater areas.
- You do need to buy a lot of luxurious equipment to catch this kind of fish.
- The bait you can use is from your kitchen, for example, pieces of bread or corn.
- When they grow to a large size, their fight is very great. So, carp hunting is always an enjoyable experience.
What Do You Need To Fish For A Carp?
1. Fishing Rod
A suitable fishing rod is very essential for all carp hunting. A normal carp weighs about 3-6 kilograms so that you should choose a multi-purpose fishing rod 7 feet in length and in a 3 to 5 or 4 to 6 kilograms class. This kind of fishing rod will help you control the fight of the fish and be light enough to make you feel tired.
After buying the rod, you will need to combine it with a 3000 or 4000 size reel and 8 or 12 pounds.
2. The Bait
The bait for a carp is easy to find. As we have mentioned, you can take some bread pieces or corn kernels in your kitchen. In contrast, the other best solution for your choice is to buy scrubs or earthworms in fishing stores.
The carp are usually less prepared to take your bait, but you should consider the amount of bait before giving it to them. To detail, we suggest you crochet 4-5 corn kernels or roller up tightly on the hook if you use bread and oat dough.
Setting Up The Rig
There are 3 ways to set up the rig before carp fishing. Even if you are a beginner, we will help you to make it perfect.
Type 1: “Traditional Rig”
You thread a small sinker (weighs 8 pounds) through the mainline of the fishing rod and keep it in the blue line. Next, fastening a medium swivel that fits onto the end to allow the sinker to run up the mainline freely. Then tie to the other end of the 50 cm swivel end of the 8-pound fluorocarbon leader (the end is shown in gray). Complete with a hook.
People who have many years of experience often use the hook 6 or 10 long in size. With this kind of hook, you can keep the corn kernels and scrubs easier or even pieces of bread.
Type 2: “Weightlessness”
This is the most simple one in comparison to the other two ways. You just need to tie the hook of 6 or 10 in size or a treble hook at the end of the mainline. When you fish for a carp in a boat or near a jetty, this type of rig is suitable for you. The recommendation is to know where the carp are usually located.
Type 3: “Using bubble float”
This way is similar to the first one but using a bubble float or a quill instead of a small sinker. You still use the same size of the hook with the two above in this way of setting up the rig. In addition, the position that you attach is also important. You should attach it in a position that is higher than the sinker in type 1. The picture below is the example:
You should cast down the mainline while the wind blows because it will make the float down in the place you want. Moreover, the float is too light so you can add more weight to it with a split shot.
5 Useful Tips for Carp Fishing
To get the highest result when carp fishing, you should follow these recommendations:
- Carp is not a dangerous strike, it likes to “play” with the bait before eating them so that you should pay more attention. Please, do not hurry because you can lose a big trophy.
- One of the useful tips to find the location of carps is to watch the gathering area of the birds in the river. The reason is that they often follow the birdlife to earn a living.
- Another tip is to observe the water surface before casting down your bait. Some carp like to rise to the surface to find food. Besides that, when the weather is warmer, they do that habit in places where the water is cooler.
- Setting up your fishing rod loose and do not forget to loosen it after catching a fish.
- You can fish for carp all day but many people recommend beginners to catch it in the first 2 hours of light and last 2 hours of light. At that time, they tend to rise to the water surface and be attracted by your bait. Plus, the warmer season will be the best period to catch many big size carp.
That is all the guide and the information for carp fishing that we want to show you. In some countries or some big river systems, you must have a fishing license if you want to catch any fish there. So, you have to be careful, always bring it in your bag and prepare everything above to get an interesting experience with carp fishing on days off. Good luck!